Please enjoy these offers from our sponsors.
Fantastic Weather Facts
- Hurricanes and storms have not always been given official names. The practice of naming them did not officially begin until 1953.
- On average there are approximately 1800 thunderstorms occurring on Earth at the exact same time along with 100 lighting strikes every second.
- A single lighting bolt causes the air around it to heat to around 30,000 degrees Celsius which is 5 times hotter than the surface of the sun.
- Each minute of every day, 1 billion tons of rain falls to the Earth’s surface.
- Raindrops can only fall so fast, just like you can only run so fast or how fast a car can actually go. The fastest a raindrop can possibly hit you is 18mph.